Where to stay for morning train from Zurich HB

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2019 at 10:39:25 #823527

Hi friends,

I have a 6.40 am train from Zurich HB to Salzburg. Do I need to stay at Zurich for night to catch it or I can comfortably catch the train by arriving from Lucerne?
    I see 2 trains from Lucerne at 4.55 am and at 5.28 am. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2019 at 11:24:09 #920745

Hi Kamals13 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It is up to you, whether you like to get up really early (or even in the night) and what is your itinerary. If you need more time in Lucerne you can stay there and catch any of those early train you’ve mentioned. You might would like to check in the timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) for the platforms, how close they will be to each other in Zurich.

If it would be me, I would stay in Zurich as I am really not a morning person 🙂

Anyway, use these pages to get a list of recommended accomodations near the stations (do not forget to use the filter called “Travel time to the rail station”):

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2019 at 1:33:47 #920746

Thanks . It’s easy for me to decide now

• The thread ‘Where to stay for morning train from Zurich HB’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.