Where to stay in Jungfrau Region during November?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2013 at 2:02:45 #806164

Hi

I would like to ask where to stay in Jungfrau Region during end of November?
    I know it’s low season, mostly hotels are closed in Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Murren and Wengen.
    Though there are still few hotels open.

Although is low season, I still wish to stay in this region.
    Browse through a lot comments, claimed that mostly are ghost town. Closed at everywhere.

Please recommend.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    31 August 2013 at 3:44:44 #839224

Hi Moniqueyoung. November is low season indeed; really in between tourist seasons. So smaller towns will indeed be quiet. If you prefer more shops and activities close at hand, a somewhat larger and centrally located town like Interlaken would make most sense. Wilderswil would be an option too; still small, but close to Interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2013 at 11:47:43 #839225

Hi there, our favourite place to stay is Thun, the other end of the lake from Interlaken. It is easy to go to Jungfrau from there if weather is suitable (that would be a very expensive trip if mountain is covered in cloud!) but also offers easy access to other areas if weather dull – like city visits to Basel, Zurich Bern, Lucerne etc or south to Gstaad, Martigny, Zermatt, (though weather would also be factor. here) You can still easily visit Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnun, Wengen and Murren if you want to but have more options available. Read some of my posts about where we went this summer from base in Thun and you will see why we like it. It has its own attractions as a charming small city too with its castle and museums and attractive shops and places to eat.
    I admit to being biased in its favour as we always stay there!
    Maggie

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    31 August 2013 at 12:42:52 #839226

Hello Moniqueyoung,

If you really want to stay in the heart of the Jungfrau Regio I agree with Annika. Wilderswil is an excellent option. You’re like a spider in a web there; close to Interlaken and therefore close to more. We have spent lots of holidays in Wilderswil and we have always found it the best place to stay. Of course, this is a personal opinion.

Have a nice stay, the Jungfrau Regio is the best!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2013 at 1:43:36 #839227

Thanks for all the replies 😉

Actually this is my first time to Alps. I would like to experience the environment and mountain views.
    I hope to stay at least a night in the mountain areas.

I would like to know even the hotels are closed, and tourist commented small towns like Lauterbrunnen or Murren become hibernate, but still the locals are there right?

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    4 September 2013 at 6:43:39 #839228

Hello Moniqueyoung,

There are always tourists in Switzerland, so not all the hotels will be closed. And yes, sure, there will be locals!

Have a nice trip,

• The thread ‘Where to stay in Jungfrau Region during November?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.