Where to stay in Switzerland for 4 days (Nov/Dec)?

• Kanza
    Participant
    7 posts
    6 November 2017 at 17:30:00 #813625

Hi everyone,

I’ve planned to visit switzerland & paris on Nov 29 2017 till Dec 4 2017 along with my wife and infant baby. Of course, i know it’s a so short trip but its the only option i can because we’ve to get back to Dubai on Dec 5th. Anyhow, i’ve gone through this website and should say that it’s absolutely awesome and informative. I got so much information from the website so that i purchased the swiss pass and also tickets to Paris too. Moreover i’ve made a rough plan now as below.

Day 1 : Arrival in Geneva Airport AT 10am and then cover the places in geneva by placing my luggage in airport or train station locker.

Day 2 : Interlaken and Mt.Jungfraujoch. If possible Zermatt and montreax on same day else on next day.

Day 3 : Lucern and surrounding spots. May be Mt.Titlis

Day 4: Reach Zurich in the morning and i’ve took the train tickets for moving to paris from basel at 6:30pm.

Now can anyone tell me that “Is the plan perfect”? Will i be able to cover these areas by train or is there any other places i should add or remove from the plan to visit.

But the main concern now is that which place will be best for me to stay to cover maximum areas considering my infant baby (comparatively better climate) and public transport. Of course, i’ve no plans for hiking or such activities as my baby is so small. Please help me to locate my accommodation. I’ll find the accommodation myself but i just need an assistance to find the exact town/village to stay. I will be so thankful if anyone can suggest me where to stay on each day. Or Can I stay on one place and move around every day by train.

Regards,

Kanza

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2017 at 7:09:35 #871610

Hi Kanza and welcome to MySwissAlps!

For a short stay with trying to cover Jungfraujoch and Luzern and Mt. Titlis I would stay in Interlaken for all 4 nights. For hotel suggestions in Interlaken click here.

Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan your trips between the towns and the mountains from or to Interlaken.

Day 1: Explore Geneva or Lake Geneva as you have planned and then make your way in the evening to Interlaken.

Day 2: Jungfraujoch – be sure the weather looks good though. Don’t go up if the weather is poor (cloudy) as it is expensive and time-consuming to just see clouds! Also you should consult with your doctor about bringing an infant to Jungfraujoch – you are at 3500 meters in altitude there and the air is quite thin.

Day 3: Luzern and Mt. Titlis – be prepared to switch day 2 and 3 if the weather looks better for one mountain on a different day.

Day 4: Head to Zurich, perhaps stop in Luzern of you didn’t on an earlier day or Bern for a couple hours?

Kanza
    Participant
    7 posts
    7 November 2017 at 7:21:27 #871611

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the valuable suggestions.

My plan to Jungfraujoch & Mt.Titlis is optional and only done if weather is quiet good.

Will it be more convenient if i stay in Lucerne?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2017 at 9:11:50 #871612

Either Interlaken or Lucerne I think.

Have a look at the activity links on both town pages above.

I would choose the town that is closest to the majority of trips/activities you want to do. I think Lucerne is a more interesting/prettier town than Interlaken. I would go there if the only activity you may do near Interlaken is Jungfraujoch.

Kanza
    Participant
    7 posts
    7 November 2017 at 9:34:14 #871613

Thanks a lot Lucas.

Definitely, You put me out of a big chaos which i was thinking of last many days 😀

I’ll search for a good hotel in Lucerne as Jungfraujoch is an optional tour depending on weather.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2017 at 10:19:14 #871614

Lucerne should work well for you. There are a lot of activities to do in the area, like a boat cruise on Lake Lucerne, or a mountain visit like Mt. Rigi, Mt. Titlis, Mt. Pilatus or Stanserhorn.

Day trips are also easy to Lauterbrunnen (go for the scenery if the Jungfraujoch is clouded over perhaps) Bern or Thun.

Enjoy your trip!

Kanza
    Participant
    7 posts
    7 November 2017 at 10:22:58 #871615

Hi Lucas,

Just one more help. Where i can find affordable and accessible stay in Lucerne?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2017 at 18:23:12 #871616

Have you looked on our Lucerne page for our hotel suggestions?
    We also list hostels and some apartment rentals here.

• The thread ‘Where to stay in Switzerland for 4 days (Nov/Dec)?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.