Where to stay in the Jungfrau region in October?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2020 at 19:21:32 #825220

Hey team!

I am surprising my husband with a trip to Switzerland in October and looking at places to stay. I am thinki, Jungfrau region would suit us best because. from what I understand, it boasts a good balance between activities and chill. Grindelwald is a mustsee but I’ve been told it is expensive to stay in the town and my friend recommended Lauterbrunnen instead. Where should we stay??

Any info would be great!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    14 February 2020 at 19:32:35 #930174

Hi Aielloe17,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

When exactly are you travelling? Towards the end of October as summer activities slow down and tourists number becomes less, you might be able to find some great accommodation deals in the Jungfrau region.

Try these links for a start:

For more info about the region: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2020 at 20:05:09 #930175

Hey Anna,

Thank you so much!! We will be there for afew days week beginning October 12th so hoping that it is still relatively nice weather-wise. Assuming that Zurich is the best airport to dly into, I am going to use your other forum to figure out the trains. This website is AMAZING!

Rels
    Participant
    139 posts
    15 February 2020 at 4:11:24 #930176

Hi Aielloe17,

Highly recommend Hotel Edelweiss in Wengen, a short beautiful train ride up from Lauterbrunnen. Gorgeous views over mountains, and the Lauterbrunnen valley. Wonderful staff, balcony rooms, and lovely meals.

Check out the trip reports on this site for another great source of information.

Have a great trip,

Narelle

• The thread ‘Where to stay in the Jungfrau region in October?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.