Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Where to stay in the Jungfrau region in October?

Where to stay in the Jungfrau region in October?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Aielloe17
Aielloe17
3 posts
Feb 14, 2020 - 7:21 PM

Hey team!

I am surprising my husband with a trip to Switzerland in October and looking at places to stay. I am thinki, Jungfrau region would suit us best because. from what I understand, it boasts a good balance between activities and chill. Grindelwald is a mustsee but I've been told it is expensive to stay in the town and my friend recommended Lauterbrunnen instead. Where should we stay??

Any info would be great!

Anna
Anna
850 posts
top member &
Feb 14, 2020 - 7:32 PM in reply to Aielloe17

Hi Aielloe17,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

When exactly are you travelling? Towards the end of October as summer activities slow down and tourists number becomes less, you might be able to find some great accommodation deals in the Jungfrau region.

Try these links for a start:

For more info about the region: www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion

Regards,

Anna

Aielloe17
Aielloe17
3 posts
Feb 14, 2020 - 8:05 PM in reply to Anna

Hey Anna,

Thank you so much!! We will be there for afew days week beginning October 12th so hoping that it is still relatively nice weather-wise. Assuming that Zurich is the best airport to dly into, I am going to use your other forum to figure out the trains. This website is AMAZING!

Rels
Rels
126 posts
Feb 15, 2020 - 4:11 AM

Hi Aielloe17,

Highly recommend Hotel Edelweiss in Wengen, a short beautiful train ride up from Lauterbrunnen. Gorgeous views over mountains, and the Lauterbrunnen valley. Wonderful staff, balcony rooms, and lovely meals.

Check out the trip reports on this site for another great source of information.

Have a great trip,

Narelle

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020