Which city to spend few hours coming from Zermatt

• Ladynbrown
    Participant
    13 posts
    12 June 2019 at 16:33:00 #822230

We are in Zermatt and would like to find out if it is worth it to do a side trip to Bern before heading on to Zurich tomorrow. Our flight out of Zurich is on Friday at 1:10 PM.

Would we still have a few hours to see a little bit of Zurich anytime Thurs afternoon from Bern? If we can where should we go?

Thanks for any input from you guys.

In spite of the unpredictable weather, we still had a great amazing time in Lucerne, Lugano, St Moritz and Zermatt. I really am sad not to have seen Jungfraugh nor Pilatus. Even the Matterhorn was halfway covered with clouds.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2019 at 5:23:28 #914981

if u leave early then u might get some time in bern enough to see einsteins house and roam on the streets. u can keep luggage at station. Bern u can wrap up in 2 to 2.5 hrs inclusive of maybe a coffee somewhr. u can even rent out a cycle to see Bern in an hour maybe. after reaching Zurich even if u leave hotel at say 4 pm still u have ample time to see around. if u reach Zurich early u can even visit the rhine falls

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 June 2019 at 7:09:51 #914982

Hi Ladynbrown,

Glad to hear you still enjoyed yourselves. You can always come back for more 🙂

If you decide to explore Zurich, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/zurich.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    13 June 2019 at 7:11:05 #914983

Dear Rahul ac,

I would not be surprised if the moderators remove your post, this forum has a few rules and observing them makes this forum so nice:

< Avoid “text talk”. Please write “are you” instead of “r u”, for example; >

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 June 2019 at 7:14:26 #914984

I won’t remove your post Rahul, but it’s appreciated if you can avoid text talk. It makes posts so much easier to understand.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2019 at 13:02:55 #914985

oh i wasnt aware of that. will keep it in mind in future.

Ladynbrown
    Participant
    13 posts
    15 June 2019 at 20:00:54 #914986

Thank you for your response.

• The thread ‘Which city to spend few hours coming from Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.