Which city to spend few hours coming from Zermatt

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Ladynbrown
Ladynbrown
13 posts
Jun 12, 2019 - 4:33 PM

We are in Zermatt and would like to find out if it is worth it to do a side trip to Bern before heading on to Zurich tomorrow. Our flight out of Zurich is on Friday at 1:10 PM.

Would we still have a few hours to see a little bit of Zurich anytime Thurs afternoon from Bern? If we can where should we go?

Thanks for any input from you guys.

In spite of the unpredictable weather, we still had a great amazing time in Lucerne, Lugano, St Moritz and Zermatt. I really am sad not to have seen Jungfraugh nor Pilatus. Even the Matterhorn was halfway covered with clouds.

Rahul ac
Rahul ac
17 posts
Jun 13, 2019 - 5:23 AM in reply to Ladynbrown

if u leave early then u might get some time in bern enough to see einsteins house and roam on the streets. u can keep luggage at station. Bern u can wrap up in 2 to 2.5 hrs inclusive of maybe a coffee somewhr. u can even rent out a cycle to see Bern in an hour maybe. after reaching Zurich even if u leave hotel at say 4 pm still u have ample time to see around. if u reach Zurich early u can even visit the rhine falls

Arno
Arno
13306 posts
expert &
Jun 13, 2019 - 7:09 AM

Hi Ladynbrown,

Glad to hear you still enjoyed yourselves. You can always come back for more :-)

If you decide to explore Zurich, please see www.myswissalps.com/hi king/zurich.

Snowman
Snowman
545 posts
top member
Jun 13, 2019 - 7:11 AM in reply to Rahul ac

Dear Rahul ac,

I would not be surprised if the moderators remove your post, this forum has a few rules and observing them makes this forum so nice:

< Avoid "text talk". Please write "are you" instead of "r u", for example; >

Arno
Arno
13306 posts
expert &
Jun 13, 2019 - 7:14 AM in reply to Snowman

I won't remove your post Rahul, but it's appreciated if you can avoid text talk. It makes posts so much easier to understand.

Rahul ac
Rahul ac
17 posts
Jun 13, 2019 - 1:02 PM

oh i wasnt aware of that. will keep it in mind in future.

Ladynbrown
Ladynbrown
13 posts
Jun 15, 2019 - 8:00 PM in reply to Rahul ac

Thank you for your response.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019