About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Which hiking trails are open in Bernese Oberland?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Which hiking trails are open in Bernese Oberland?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
davje22
davje22
1 post
May 27, 2021 - 4:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on an internship in Zürich, and plan to end my time with a short trip (first week of June). I would love to hike in the Bernese Oberland, but I am not sure if any trails are open at the moment. Is anyone aware if it's worth it to go to this region for hiking at this moment?

Otherwise I might book a trip to other places.

Best regards,

David

Ildiko
Ildiko
1114 posts
top member &
May 27, 2021 - 6:00 PM in reply to davje22

Hi David and welcome MySwissAlps.com!

High altitude hiking routes (above 2000 m) might be still covered with snow in June.

In the Jungfrau area: the Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg route will be open for sure (www.myswissalps.com/hiking/lauterbrunnen-stechelberg), as well the panoramic walk from Grütschalp to Mürren (www.myswissalps.com/hiking/gruetschalp-muerren).

In the Kander valley, Lake Oeschinen near Kandersteg would be also a lovely hike or you could do this one too: www.myswissalps.com/hiking/allmenalp-usserueschene-kandersteg

You can also walk along Lake Brienz, from Giessbach to Iseltwald: www.myswissalps.com/hiking/giessbach-iseltwald.

You have plenty of options, at www.myswissalps.com/hiking you can filter the region (and subregion). In the result list you'll also see the elevation of the routes.

At www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/summer-sport/hiking/ you'll find further hiking routes. (Use the "only cleared trails' filter.)

For hiking tips in general(like how to prepare) visit these pages: www.myswissalps.com/hiking/preparation and www.myswissalps.com/hiking/etiquette.

I hope this helps,

Ildiko

Last modified on May 27, 2021 - 6:01 PM by Ildiko

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021