Which is the best travel pass for Zurich & Geneva?

Which is the best travel pass for Zurich & Geneva?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
geecos
geecos
1 post
Jul 29, 2017 - 3:57 PM

Hi! We are planning to visit Switzerland in April 2018. We're 9 adults and we are planning to stay for 5days and 4 nights. We are planning to get a tour via Viator. Now, I need help with regards to transportation within Zurich, going to Geneva, within Geneva and going to Geneva Airport. Here's our itinerary:

DAY 1:

a.) From Zurich Airport to Accommodation "Dienerstrasse, Zurich" (Single)

b.) From Accommodation "Dienerstrasse, Zurich" to "Sihlquai Bus Terminal, near Zurich train station"(Return)

*Zurich City Tour from Viator

DAY 2:

a. From Accommodation "Dienerstrasse, Zurich" to "Sihlquai Bus Terminal, near Zurich train station" Pickup point (Return)

*Jungfrauroch Tour with Viator

DAY 3: Zurich to Geneva

*Geneva City Tour with Viator in the afternoon

DAY 4: Free day to explore Geneva

DAY 5: From Accommodation to Geneva Airport

Please enlighten me of which Travel Pass should I get?

Thank you.

Annika
Annika
4880 posts
expert &
Jul 29, 2017 - 5:08 PM in reply to geecos

Hi geecos! Welcome to MySwissalps.

As you'll only be making a few trips by public transport, a rail pass probably won't save you any money. You'd best buy regular tickets and try if a supersaver ticket for Geneva-Zurich is available. Note that there's free urban transportation if you book a hotel in Geneva.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017