Which option to Mürren is more scenic?

• TravelWI
    Participant
    13 posts
    24 April 2023 at 5:42:08 #829673

Hello,

Travelling to Switzerland around May 17th. Which option to Murren is more scenic and you would select and advice?

Option 1. Lauterbrunnen > Grutschalp via Cablecar and then To Murren via train

Option 2: Stechelberg to Gimmelwald via Cablecar and then to Murren

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    24 April 2023 at 9:57:50 #953735

Hi Travel WI,

Both routes are scenic and it’s possible to combine the two routes in one trip. I prefer to start from Lauterbrunnen by taking the bus to Stechelberg then take the cable car to Mürren via Gimmelwald. In Mürren follow the trail through the village to the Mürrenbahn station, then take the train to Grutschalp, then cableway down to Lauterbrunnen. You can also do this loop in reverse.

You can find helpful tips on how to travel to Mürren here: http://www.myswissalps.com/murren/travel

regards,

Anna

Mark
    Participant
    794 posts
    25 April 2023 at 11:35:02 #953736

If you’re doing a loop to Lauterbrunnen I don’t think it makes much of a difference which direction you start. If you’re staying in Murren and not doing a loop I believe Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp and train to Murren is more scenic. The other direction you will be in a bus to Stechelberg for most of the trip which is less scenic in my opinion than the train to Murren.

Mark

• The thread ‘Which option to Mürren is more scenic?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.