Which pass do I buy for 5 days in Switzerland

Which pass do I buy for 5 days in Switzerland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
shrutitn
shrutitn
1 post
Apr 11, 2017 - 5:07 PM

Hello!

I am planning a 4 day trip to Swiss on the below agenda:

Day 1 - travel from Zurich to Engleberg, spend the 1st night in Engleberg

Day 2 - Engleberg - Titlis - Engleberg, spend the 2nd night in Engleberg

Day 3 - Travel from Engleberg to Interlakin, spend the 3rd night in Interlakin

Day 4 - Interlakin - Jungfrau - Interlakin, spend the 4th night in Interlakin

Day 5 - Travel from Interlakin to Zurich and Jump on a train to Paris

So now i have 2 questions:

-I'm not sure if i should rent a car and do the whole thing, or if i should depend on Public transport?

-If i do decide to do Public transport, which Rail pass should i opt for? and how much would it cost me? can you give me regular price and rail card price please.

I'm super lost and confused, please advise!

Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Apr 11, 2017 - 6:30 PM in reply to shrutitn

Hi Shrutitn and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Have a look a tour information page on traveling by car vs. train - I would always choose train for Switzerland!

I would choose between the Swiss Travel Pass or the Swiss Half Fare Card. For simplicity I would buy the Swiss Travel Pass (4 days) and use it on the last 4 days I think. With the pass you don't have to buy any train tickets - just hop on and go! You will also have an electronic back up in your email (print at home option). The pass doesn't cover the route portion of Grindelwald or Wengen to Jungfraujoch, so you will still need to buy a ticket for that.

With the Swiss Half Fare Card you get 50% off train fares but you still need to buy tickets each time.

To find prices of point to point tickets you can check here, and you can also use the Swiss railways timetable to search for schedules as well as fare prices.

PS you don't need to travel to Zurich to get to Paris - you can also take the train from Basel.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018