Which pass is ideal for travel – 30 May to 03 June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2012 at 12:57:37 #805030

Hi my travel dates are 30th of May to the 03rd of June. I see that the 2 for 1 promotion on some of the passes are ending on the 31st of May. Which pass should I buy to save on cost of train travel during my travel period? Thanks. Nayan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 March 2012 at 14:43:11 #835186

Hi,

What trips have you planned? Will you be traveling by yourself?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2012 at 14:48:33 #835187

Hi Arno,

I am travelling with my wife and 3 year old son. We are flying into Zurich and will use the trains to transfer to Interlaken where we stay for 2 days and will want to do the Jungfrau trip. On the third day, we want to use the Golden Pass panoramic express to transfer to Lucerne. We will be in Lucerne for 2 days from where we want to see Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus. Lastly, we will transfer from Lucerne back to Zurich to fly out – again, using the trains.

My son is a huge fan of all things railway and hence we are not driving for this short holiday. Your help is greatly appreciated. You guys are doing a fantastic thing for all visitors. Thanks.

Nayan.

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 March 2012 at 4:42:04 #835188

Hi Nayan,

Thanks for the additional information. Traveling by train is a great choice; you’ll be able to enjoy the scenery in a different (I think: better) way than by car. The Swiss Half Fare Card is the cheapest option for your plans, assuming no further trips than the ones you’ve listed.
    I noticed that you posted the same question in the 2-for-1 topic, so I removed it there. You can indeed not use the 2-for-1 promotion as it requires traveling before June 1.

Please be sure to take a look at our pages about Interlaken and Lucerne as well, for tips about ideally situated hotels in those towns.

• The thread ‘Which pass is ideal for travel – 30 May to 03 June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.