About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Which pass is best for 2 days in Lauterbrunnen?
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Which pass is best for 2 days in Lauterbrunnen?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Diva6
Diva6
3 posts
May 12, 2022 - 8:45 AM

Hello,

I need quick guidance about my trip to swiss. I'm traveling to swiss this morning, my questions are:

1. Can I still buy the travel pass in the Bassel station or it should be online?
  2. I plan to have 2 days full and will leave Swiss on Saturday morning, I will stay in Lauterbrunen and I want to have a day trip to Jungfraujoch tomorrow, is the weather okay for tomorrow? While, for today I plan to go arround Interlaken, lake Brienz
  3. For my plan above, which travel pass do you think suitable for my trip?
  4. When is the right time to buy Jungfraujoch ticket, if the weather is good for Jungfraujoch?

Thanks.

Ildiko
Ildiko
1803 posts
top member &
May 12, 2022 - 10:29 AM in reply to Diva6

Hi Diva6 and welcome to Switzerland!

Yes, you can buy the Swiss Travel Pass at the station (in Basel) or also online here: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/price.

According to the weather forecast (MeteoSwiss), it will be foggy tomorrow, all day.

Instead of the Swiss Travel Pass, have a look at the Jungfrau Travel Pass, that might be a good pass for you: www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/tickets. Validity of the pass: www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity.

I would buy the Jungfraujoch tickets today in the evening after checking the forecast again, or tomorrow early morning. You can buy the tickets here: www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/tickets.

Have a great trip!

Ildiko

Diva6
Diva6
3 posts
May 12, 2022 - 10:52 AM in reply to Ildiko

Hi Ildiko, thanks for your reply.

The cost of Jungfrau travel pass for 3 days is CHF 188, correct? And is the boat to Lake Brienz is included in the pass as well?

thanks.

Diva6
Diva6
3 posts
May 12, 2022 - 11:22 AM in reply to Diva6

Sorry, another question, if the weather is still foggy in jungfrau which are the best option from my hotel to change it, Titlis or Pilatus.

Thanks.

Ildiko
Ildiko
1803 posts
top member &
May 12, 2022 - 11:25 AM in reply to Diva6

Hi,

yes, the boat trips on Lake Brienz and Lake Thun are for free with the Jungfrau Travel Pass.

If you want to go to the Jungfraujoch - train or cable car to Eigergletscher is for free, then you should pay an extra CHF 63 for a return ticket to the Jungfraujoch.(Interlaken - Jungfraujoch without this pass costs 188 CHF return).

The pass itself costs 188 CHF for 3 days at the moment: www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/price.

If you have a bit more time, I highly recommend Grindelwald First, that is free with the Jungfrau Travel Pass. (You can do Jungfraujoch and Grindelwald First on the same day if you start early). The Cliff walk is great at Grindelwald First.

Ildiko

Last modified on May 12, 2022 - 11:26 AM by Ildiko

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022