Which pass should i purchase …Swiss pass or HFC

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2015 at 16:24:29 #806801

Hi..I am coming 1st time to switzerland in february for 3 days with my husband and son…We plan to take the train from Paris to Interlaken/Lucerne on 10th Feb and then spend the next 3 days exploring the area…my tentative itinerary is

10th feb:-

From zurich travel to lucerne by train and in the evening enjoy cruise

11th feb:-

Mt titlis and late train to interlaken. check in at some hotel in interlaken

12th feb :-

train from interlaken to Grindelwald -the gateway to Jungfrau. Exploring Jungfrau

13th feb:-

Departure from zurich

Want ur guidance regd the pass I should take for the above itinerary…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 January 2015 at 9:10:01 #841522

Hi shwetasngh, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Two 3-day Swiss Travel Passes for you and your husband would work fine (assuming you travel to Zurich on the 12th). If your son is younger than 16 he can travel along for free. The pass covers the leg Basel – Lucerne for free, so you only need a ticket from Paris to Basel. All further trains, boats and buses are free as well, except for the leg Grindelwald – Jungfraujoch. You will get a 25% discount there. The Titlis cable car is discounted by 50%. As you are from India you can get the pass here, as well as the ticket to Paris. For further purchase options, please see the Price section of the Swiss Travel Pass page.

An alternative is the Swiss Half Fare Card. You could do the math to see if that works out cheaper for you.

Recommended hotels in Interlaken are listed here. Hotels near the airport in Zurich are listed here.

Have a great time!

• The thread ‘Which pass should i purchase …Swiss pass or HFC’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.