Which pass to choose for staying in Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2018 at 16:56:11 #816165

Hi

My husband and I are planning a trip in September ’18 and are planning to stay in Lucerne. I have been looking for the Rail pass which will allow me to take a train from Zurich to Lucerne and also to the other sites like Jungfraujoch, Bern and others. I cn’t find a Rail pass that will allow us to travel to all these places on a single Rail Pass. Also, is it possible to make day trips to all these regions and get back to Lucerne or should we book separate accommodations.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2018 at 19:34:18 #886043

Hi Alka1724 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is no rail pass that covers all those routes 100%. The Swiss Travel Pass basically does, but some mountain trips are only partially covered. For example, from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch, the STP covers the trip 100% to Wengen or Grindelwald and then you need to have a ticket for the rest of the trip (purchase price discounted by 25%).

You can see exactly what is covered (fully or partially) here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

As for Jungfraujoch it can be done as a day trip from Lucerne (4 hours one way) so a long day. It is up to you how much time you want to spend getting there (or elsewhere). You can use the timetable to plan out trips from Lucerne to see what can work for you.,

• The thread ‘Which pass to choose for staying in Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.