Which place looks more swiss to eat?

• bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    25 January 2015 at 22:00:12 #806834

I have to choose between two choices for cheese fondue – one with many choices (see below) and another one with only two choices (local cheese fondue and cheese fondue with mushrooms) – Is the one with many choices probably more touristic? Is it possible that in east switzerland they will have Moité-Moité Fondue? I prefer to eat a good one as I know in local food there are great differences between local and touristic.also whaty do you think of eating Raclette/Rusti in swiss restaurant in 5 stars hotel – will it more tasty because of probably best chefs or on the contrary?
    arlenwaldhotel.ch/de/seite/speisekarte/8/
    grottino.ch/pdf/alptraeumli.pdf

the restaurant five stars hotel is: tschuggen.ch/restaurants/bündnerstube/. See the menu on the side. The whole restaurant is only for swiss food open only during evening. They have also other restaurants.I need to choose two out of three places. I want to try Fondue, Raclette , Rusti and maybe Pizzocheri

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 January 2015 at 19:04:14 #841636

Hi bat23,

Although the cheeses in Moité-Moité are from Western Switzerland, I wouldn’t expect a restaurant in Graubünden to do a bad job. The Grottino has it on their menu. But of course it’s also interesting to have one of the local fondues, i.e. from Arosa.

I expect rösti and raclette in 5-star hotels to be excellent. However, these dishes are not haute cuisine and relatively simple (don’t get me wrong, it’s very tasty). You can certainly get good ones in cheaper places as well. Pizzoccheri originates from Italy and the Italian speaking parts of Switzerland, like the Poschiavo valley. That does not include Arosa, but it’s not that far away either.

Note that the Arlenwald hotel is outside of the village. You will need to get a bus or taxi to get there. Be sure to check that before planning to eat there at night.

En Guete! (enjoy your meal)

• The thread ‘Which place looks more swiss to eat?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.