Which Swiss place is best for the postcard views?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 June 2019 at 11:30:43 #913042

<<“Why not show our traveler one of your photos of the Lauterbrunnen valley ?”>>

Can do.

The LBV in June on an unusually clear day is attached

Also, of Grindelwald, taken in late September., from near Männlichen.

Slowpoke

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    12 June 2019 at 19:39:26 #913043

Ah, that first photo. That was the first place I dreamed of going when I started to spread my wings over Switzerland. No cows, but who cares ?

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    15 June 2019 at 4:13:40 #913044

Another area that is hard to beat for nice views and cowbells is the Emmental.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    15 June 2019 at 6:58:43 #913045

Not too sure if anybody is still following this thread, but as a follow-up to my previous comment about the Emmental, here (attached) is a lovely stamp depicting the Emmental, released by the Swiss Post in November 2014, and the following is the description they put in their newsletter: In its latest stamp issue, Swiss Post features the Emmental in a miniature sheet with two-franc stamps. On this sheet you can see the unmistakeable landscape with its gently rolling hills and typical farm houses – perfectly contrasting with the snowy mountain peaks of the Bernese Oberland in the background.

Annika
    7116 posts
    15 June 2019 at 17:02:33 #913046

Thanks for sharing that , Peterli! Certainly one of the prettiest stamps I’ve ever seen :-).

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The thread ‘Which Swiss place is best for the postcard views?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.