Which rail pass is best for travel around Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2017 at 13:45:21 #813627

Hi! I am visiting Zürich really soon and have alooked at the passed (rail) available and was wondering which one would be the best for traveling to a couple places in Zurich just for one day? I just wanted to know if I could buy this at any of the rations there and how much it would cost for me?

regards

helen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2017 at 18:27:04 #871638

Hi Helen123,

So you are just traveling within the Zurich area for one day? You could look at either at the ZurichCard which includes quite a bit of the surrounding area as well as offer some discounts on attractions and shops.

Read more about the ZurichCard and traveling around Zurich here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2017 at 18:31:25 #871639

Hello

yeah thats right

we was thinking of going to these places: Bahnofstrasse

Linderhof

Fraumunster / Grossmunster

Seebad enge

i also believe some of these places are walking distance? But if we was only going to these places would a zurichcard be the best option? And what would be the price?

regards

helen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2017 at 18:40:39 #871640

They are all walking distance from downtown Zurich (say the main train station is your starting point).
    Its a great walk along Bahnhofstrasse so I would recommend just walking if the weather is good. Maybe use Google Maps to plan out the exact walking distances.

Lindenhof is quite close to Fraumünster and then Grossmünster is just across the river. Seebad Enge is about 10 minutes from the end of the Bahnhofstrasse on Lake Zurich.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2017 at 18:42:01 #871641

Ok that’s great! Would you recommend seebad enge to be good in the winter months?

regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2017 at 19:32:06 #871642

Ah yes, well the bath/pool is now closed for the winter.

But it is still open though for the winter – sauna season! 🙂

Their website isn’t in English but Google translate can do a decent job. I think it is worth checking out but maybe not if you are just here in Zurich for one day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2017 at 19:38:36 #871643

okay that’s really helpful thank you

is there any other places you would recommend seeing/visiting other than the ones ive mentioned?

Regard

Helen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 November 2017 at 7:03:03 #871644

Well it depends on your interests. Downtown Zurich and those areas you mention can easily fill up a day if you like to window shop (or shop!) and explore the old town, stop for coffee and cake etc. etc.

There are also a lot of museums in Zurich if that is your thing; and also a nice, easy hike on the local mountain: Uetliberg. If you like Zoos I think Zurich Zoo is also one of the best I’ve been to.

• The thread ‘Which rail pass is best for travel around Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.