Which rail pass for France, Switzerland and Italy

Which rail pass for France, Switzerland and Italy

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mc1911
mc1911
2 posts
Feb 22, 2017 - 5:04 PM

Hi,

My family of 4 <2 Adult + 2 Youth> will be travelling from London to France, Switzerland and Italy in July.

My itenerary as below shown-

9th - 11th - France

11th - 14th - Switzerland

14th - 16th - Milan

16th - 18th - Venice

18th - 21th - Sorrento

21th - 24th - Positano

24th - 27th - Rome

I am a little bit confuse on which rail pass to purchase in order to get the best benefit out of each rail pass.

Would be very much appreciated if you could kindly help me out. Thanks in advance.

Lucas
Lucas
5633 posts
expert &
Feb 23, 2017 - 7:04 AM in reply to mc1911

Hi mc1911,

I think that since most of your travel is outside of Switzerland, a Eurail Select pass may be best for you.
You can buy a 3 or 4 country pass (UK, France, Switzerland and Italy). Check out our page for the Eurail Select Pass for pricing information and where it is valid.

You may also benefit from purchasing a Swiss Half-Fare Card to get rail discounts while in Switzerland.
Do you know where you are visiting in Switzerland and what attractions you want to see? That will help you decide on the best rail pass for you.

Lucas

Last modified on Feb 23, 2017 - 10:34 AM by Arno
mc1911
mc1911
2 posts
Feb 23, 2017 - 8:10 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

We r coming in from Paris thru Basel via Interlaken and stay at Wengen. We only concentrate on Jungfraujoch region. After this we will proceed to Milan.

Arno
Arno
10358 posts
expert &
Feb 23, 2017 - 10:37 AM

Hi mc1911,

Both passes Lucas mentioned could work, and even a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass is worth your consideration. It would work from Basel all the way to Domodossola where you'd leave Switzerland on your way to Milan. I'd recommend to take a look at the provided links. All details to make a choice are on those pages. Feel free to let us know if any questions remain after that.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018