Which rail pass to buy for Swiss Alps trip?

Which rail pass to buy for Swiss Alps trip?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
DVDoc
DVDoc
5 posts
Feb 22, 2018 - 2:51 PM

My wife and I are spending 2 weeks in Switzerland this coming August. Our Itinerary: Fly in and out of Zurich and spend 1st night in Zurich. Train Zurich to Grindelwald and spend 4 nights there. Train Grindelwald to Murren and spend 3 nights there. Train Murren to Zermatt and spend 4 nights there. Train Zermatt to Zurich for 1 night and then flight home the next day. We plan to do a lot of hiking in Gridelwald, Murren, and Zermatt, which will require us to ride lifts, cable cars, and trains in these areas. Which Pass or Passes should we buy?

Lucas
Lucas
7127 posts
expert &
Feb 22, 2018 - 6:20 PM in reply to DVDoc

Hi DVDoc and welcome to MySwissAlps!

To know the most economic rail pass for your trip, you'll have to plan out all trips you plan to make and do the math. Our page, how to choose the best rail pass, will help you with that (there is a spreadsheet).

I would imagine, if you have lots of mountain excursions in the Jungfrau Region, along with your other travels, that a combination of the Swiss Half Fare Card and either the Regional Pass- Bernese Oberland or Jungfrau Travel Pass might work out well. Or just a 15 day Swiss Travel Pass is another valid option.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018