Which rail pass for 4 days Zurich, Murren, Milan?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2017 at 3:34:34 #810659

I need some advice on which rail pass to purchase. I have been trying to crunch the numbers and I think the half fare card make the most since but I would love some advice from fellow travelers. Here is my itinerary:

Zurich to Murren

I will be spending 4 nights and 5 days in the Berner Oberland with my home base in Murren

Lifts I know I will take (of course I may take more once I get there):

• Murren to Schiltorn and back
    • Allmendhubel Funicular
    • Wengen to Mannlichen

Wengen to Milan is my last train ride in Switzerland.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 January 2017 at 11:29:42 #858415

Hi Haley,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I tend to agree with you, the Swiss Half Fare Card would work well for this trip. Just to make sure you have considered all the options, there is also a Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland and a Jungfrau Travel Pass.

Swiss Half Fare Card details can be found here. You can print it at home, please see here.

• The thread ‘Which rail pass for 4 days Zurich, Murren, Milan?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.