Which rail pass for 3 days in Bernese Oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2017 at 19:14:44 #810936

My wife and me would be arriving in Sept 13th into Bern by airplane (Skywork Airlines) then we wanted to go and stay probably 2 nights in the Bernese Oberland area (Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Gimmelwald, Murren). Then from there we will have to go to Zurich to catch our plane back home in the US.

Which pass or combination of (pass & point to point) should I consider?

Thank you in advance,

Marco from Tampa Bay, FL

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2017 at 7:56:10 #859519

Hi Marco and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would look at either a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass,the Swiss Half-Fare Card or the Bernese Oberland regional pass (this pass won’t cover your trip to Zurich, but should cover everything else).
    Have a read through the pages linked above to see if one will work for you.

The Swiss Travel Pass and the B.O. regional pass will cover all rail and buses during your stay (a few routes that visit mountain attractions such as Jungfraujoch, aren’t completely covered but you do receive a discount (read more on the “where it’s Valid” tab). As mentioned above the B.O. pass won’t cover your train all the way to Zurich as it is outside the region.

The Swiss half-fare card provides a 50% discount on any tickets you buy on Swiss trains or buses. This may be more cost effective if you aren’t planning on taking too many trips by bus or rail during your stay.

Finally, you can have a read through our “How to buy the best rail pass” for further details.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Which rail pass for 3 days in Bernese Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.