Which rail pass for Interlaken, Luzern and Zurich?

Which rail pass for Interlaken, Luzern and Zurich?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Juhi
Juhi
1 post
Apr 18, 2018 - 1:10 PM

I am confused between Swiss travel pass and swiss half rate card. I'm traveling London-Paris-Switzerland, switzerland for 6 days. Interlaken-2days,Luzern-2days and Zurich-2days. Taking a train from Paris to Interlaken via basel, interlaken to luzern and luzern to zurich.Most definite places to visit in switzerland are jungfrau, mt Pilatus, Mt titlis, Rhine falls and some popular lakes. Can someone suggest which Swiss pass is better to go with as per my plans and how much discount is available with Swiss travel pass and swiss half rate card to the places I mentioned above. 4 of us are travelling , 2 adults and 2 youths.Thanks in advance.

Lucas
Lucas
7201 posts
expert &
Apr 18, 2018 - 6:41 PM in reply to Juhi

Hi Juhi and welcome to MySwissAlps!

To know which pass is the best for your specific itinerary you need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted). Once you have that information you can read our page here on how to choose the best rail pass. There is a spreadsheet there to help with the math. :)

To see what the discounts are for each pass look here:

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018