Which Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days Interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2017 at 11:24:15 #810560

Hi All,

I am planning a visit to Interlaken in the month of May this year.

I will be visiting with my family. We are 4 people including me, my mother and 2 siblings.

we will reach interlaken on 6th and will start exploring from 7th Morning.

On 7th, I have planned to visit jungfraujoch.

the next day on 8th, I wish to visit lake brienz; grindelwald and any other nearby places that can be reached in less time from interlaken ost.

the third day i.e. 9th, i will be going to zurich as I will be having my flight from zurich back to India.

i intend to travel by train. Kindly suggest which pass should I buy? Also, please suggest if I can go to zurich from interlaken using that pass or I’ll have to buy separate ticket?

Thanks,

Mona

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 January 2017 at 11:40:05 #857979

Hi Mona, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The 4-day Swiss Travel Pass would suit your plans. It includes the ride to Zurich too, as well as the trains to Grindelwald and the boats on Lake Brienz. The ride to Jungfraujoch is partly free as well, and the remainder is 25% discounted. You’ll find all details about the pass on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass.

An alternative is the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland. You would need additional tickets for part of the ride to Zurich as it only covers the region. Please see myswissalps.com/ regionalpass berneseoberland.

Does this answer your question?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2017 at 11:51:42 #857980

is there an option for 3-day swiss travel pass because i will start my travelling on 7th. I will reach interlaken on 6th but that day I will not be covering any place.

also, with this pass, is the ride to zurich totally free?

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 January 2017 at 12:42:07 #857981

Hi Mona,

Yes, there is a 3-day pass as well, see the first page I linked to. The ride to Zurich is totally free. You can check the map for what’s included. If you prefer non-consecutive days you can look into the Swiss Travel Pass Flex: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpassflex.

Please see the Price tab for where and how to buy it. You can print the pass at home.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2017 at 12:50:16 #857982

Thanks a lot for the info. It was really helpful!!

Regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2017 at 15:14:58 #857983

While travelling to jungfraujoch with the swiss travel pass, upto which station can I travel free and at which station I have to buy ticket for jungfraujoch?

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 January 2017 at 16:12:40 #857984

Hi Mona,

The ride is free to Wengen and Grindelwald. You can open the map I linked to in my previous post, and zoom in on the area to find such details. Also it is mentioned lower on that page, for Jungfraujoch and other attractions as well.

Note that you don’t have to get off the train and buy a ticket at those stations. It’s more convenient to buy the additional ticket in advance (e.g. in Interlaken) rather than breaking your trip.

Enjoy the ride!

• The thread ‘Which Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.