Which Swiss travel passes to buy for August trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2020 at 21:01:35 #825645

Hi, Me and my wife are visiting Switzerland next week and we wanted some advice on which travel passes to purchase as well as any help on the travel itinerary? Below is our initial schedule.

12-08-20 Zurich to Lauterbrunnen. We will be staying in Lauterbrunnen for 7 nights. This is will be our base for the duration of our visit. We want to visit the Jungfrau region as well as Lucerne and Interlaken. Not too keen on big cities.

We will be leaving Lauterbrunnen on the 19-08-20 to head back to Zurich airport.

Any helpful information is much appreciated. Roni

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    8 August 2020 at 5:27:07 #934052

Hi Roni,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you are planning to explore the Jungfrau region for the duration of your trip, I would recommend getting the Jungfrau Travel Pass. This travel pass provides free traveling for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 consecutive days in the Jungfrau region. Please find more details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass

Links to sightseeing and activity tips in the Jungfrau region here: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion

For short excursions outside of the region such as to Lucerne, you have the option of buying a regular point-to-point ticket for every destination. Or get a Swiss Half Fare Card to benefit up to 50% discounts of each regular ticket if you plan to have more than a few excursions. For convenience, you might even want to consider getting the Swiss Travel Pass.

Please find more information from the links below:

You can plan your journey using the SBB timetable: http://www.myswissalps.com/timetable

Safe travel and regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2020 at 9:53:24 #934053

Anna,

thank you very much for the information.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2020 at 11:58:02 #934054

Anna,

just to be clear, if I bought 1 half price pass, I couldn’t purchase a ticket for myself and my wife ? It only applies to 1 person?

Anna
    6355 posts
    8 August 2020 at 16:32:09 #934055

That’s right. The Swiss Half Fare Card is only valid for the person registered on the pass.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Which Swiss travel passes to buy for August trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.