Which ticket to hike in Grindelwald for 1 day?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2016 at 23:33:54 #809485

Hello,

In September, I will be visiting Zurich for 2 nights. I would like to spend a day in Grindelwald hiking. However, when I look for train tickets, they are unavailable for one day. I have checked the Swiss travel pass but that is for 3 days+. Is there any way I will be able to visit Grindelwald for a day for hiking? Which route can I take, how can I take it and how much would it cost me for a return ticket.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 June 2016 at 5:12:54 #853276

Hi ranii, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Sure you can do that. You don’t need a multi-day pass, you can simply buy a return ticket from Zurich to Grindelwald. You can save CHF 19 by buying a Swiss Transfer Ticket instead of a regular return ticket. You might be able to save more with a Supersaver Ticket, if available for your date and time, but these are valid for one specific train only, so that’s less convenient.

The above links provide additional details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2016 at 22:00:34 #853277

Hello Arno,

Thank you for your response. I was told that the Swiss Transfer Ticket does not take you to Grindelwald and back..

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 June 2016 at 5:34:46 #853278

Hi ranii,

The Swiss Transfer Ticket takes you to any Swiss town you like. Please see the page I linked to. Just let me know if you have further questions.

• The thread ‘Which ticket to hike in Grindelwald for 1 day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.