Which train from Lucerne to Zurich airport?

• Pat_yap2004
    Participant
    9 posts
    18 May 2023 at 1:27:09 #829868

Hi, am planning for a train on the 27 June for 16:09 from Lucerne to Zurich airport and noticed that the train has 1 change at Zurich HB and the same train without a change. How do I board this train from Lucerne without any connection change to Zurich airport. This is confusing and there is no differentiation between the 2 trains. What do I have to check or lookout for.

Thank you very much.

regards

Patrick

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2333 posts
    18 May 2023 at 6:36:12 #954519

Hello Patrick,

For your train journey to the airport from Lucerne without any change of train. Just stay on board. It’s only if you wanted to reach the Zurich airport slightly quicker, you would need to alight and change trains at Zurich HB.

You will be able to see the breakdown of the journeys on the SBB timetable. If you click on the departure time, it will expand and you will see all the stops and any changes will be detailed.

I hope this clarifies.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Pat_yap2004
    Participant
    9 posts
    18 May 2023 at 11:01:53 #954520

Thank you Yolanda. This certainly explains it all.

• The thread ‘Which train from Lucerne to Zurich airport?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.