Train pass for 3 nights Lauterbrunnen – Zurich?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2018 at 13:48:32 #814629

I’ve poured over the options and would love some feedback. We will be traveling 2nd week in May staying 3 nights in Lauterbrunnen. We want to visit Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, and will explore the area with whatever time is left after each summit visit. We won’t have a car. Will take train to Lucerne then on to Zurich for our flight home. I am thinking we need the 1/2 fare card but really don’t know which is best for saving $! Thanks!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2018 at 17:13:45 #877822

Hi ssisk70, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

In order to pick the best rail pass for your trip read our page on how to choose the best rail pass. You’ll need to decide where you will be traveling to during your trip and do the math to compare point to point tickets vs. different rail passes. It has a spreadsheet to help you with the math.

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 March 2018 at 6:56:12 #877823

Hi ssisk70,

It’s indeed best to have a look at the calculation instructions that Chantal referred to. I recommend to compare the Swiss Half Fare Card and the 4-day Swiss Travel Pass, which includes Schilthorn for free.

• The thread ‘Train pass for 3 nights Lauterbrunnen – Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.