Train pass for 3 nights Lauterbrunnen - Zurich?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ssisk70
ssisk70
1 post
Mar 5, 2018 - 1:48 PM

I've poured over the options and would love some feedback. We will be traveling 2nd week in May staying 3 nights in Lauterbrunnen. We want to visit Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, and will explore the area with whatever time is left after each summit visit. We won't have a car. Will take train to Lucerne then on to Zurich for our flight home. I am thinking we need the 1/2 fare card but really don't know which is best for saving $! Thanks!!

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 5, 2018 - 5:13 PM in reply to ssisk70

Hi ssisk70, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

In order to pick the best rail pass for your trip read our page on how to choose the best rail pass. You'll need to decide where you will be traveling to during your trip and do the math to compare point to point tickets vs. different rail passes. It has a spreadsheet to help you with the math.

Arno
Arno
11367 posts
expert &
Mar 6, 2018 - 6:56 AM

Hi ssisk70,

It's indeed best to have a look at the calculation instructions that Chantal referred to. I recommend to compare the Swiss Half Fare Card and the 4-day Swiss Travel Pass, which includes Schilthorn for free.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018