Which Swiss rail pass to buy for Luzern & Zurich

Which Swiss rail pass to buy for Luzern & Zurich

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Supriyan
Supriyan
7 posts
Aug 31, 2017 - 4:45 PM

Will be traveling with my family including a toddler from zurich airport to lucerne via train and coming back

probably fo from lucerne to Mt Pilatus on train but will book a tour for jungfraujoch

is it worth buying any train discount pass

we like the flexibility of uber while traveling within lucerne jnstead of bus

any suggestions please ?

Lucas
Lucas
3096 posts
expert &
Sep 1, 2017 - 10:50 AM in reply to Supriyan

Hi Supriyan and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Whether a rail pass is indeed the most economic option for you will depend on the routes you do take. You will need to decide on and plan out all your trips and compare the costs of a rail pass to point to point tickets.

We have a page on How to choose the best rail pass, to help you do the math and compare.

I would recommend looking at the Swiss Travel Pass, The Swiss Half Fare Card or maybe a regional pass like the Regional Pass - Bernese Oberland.

I don't think you need to use a bus or Uber in any Swiss town as they are all quite walkable. If you don't want to walk though and you get a Swiss Travel Pass for example, your in-town buses would already be covered.

Lucas

Last modified on Sep 1, 2017 - 10:50 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017