Which Swiss rail pass to buy for Luzern & Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2017 at 16:45:22 #813134

Will be traveling with my family including a toddler from zurich airport to lucerne via train and coming back

probably fo from lucerne to Mt Pilatus on train but will book a tour for jungfraujoch

is it worth buying any train discount pass

we like the flexibility of uber while traveling within lucerne jnstead of bus

any suggestions please ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2017 at 10:50:25 #869237

Hi Supriyan and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Whether a rail pass is indeed the most economic option for you will depend on the routes you do take. You will need to decide on and plan out all your trips and compare the costs of a rail pass to point to point tickets.

We have a page on How to choose the best rail pass, to help you do the math and compare.

I would recommend looking at the Swiss Travel Pass, The Swiss Half Fare Card or maybe a regional pass like the Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland.

I don’t think you need to use a bus or Uber in any Swiss town as they are all quite walkable. If you don’t want to walk though and you get a Swiss Travel Pass for example, your in-town buses would already be covered.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Which Swiss rail pass to buy for Luzern & Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.