Which train stop for my hotel in Swiss towns?

• Xpresso
    Participant
    93 posts
    28 May 2021 at 9:55:27 #825840

Is there a simplified way to find out which train stop to get off at to be closest to a hotel? I’m staying in 5 cities/towns and especially in the cities where there are a number of stops, I’m having a hard time finding which stop to exit from that puts me closest to the street of my hotel. Maybe I just need to pull up a detailed road and train map or email the hotels (some don’t always respond) but I’m curious if there’s a faster way that the Swiss know how to do this? Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 May 2021 at 10:07:20 #935081

Hi Mrodas703,

The public transport map on this page is handy: http://www.myswissalps.com/mapswitzerland. The link on that page opens the full version where you can fill out the hotel address.

Just let us know if you can’t figure it out. The majority of hotels is very easy to reach.

Xpresso
    Participant
    93 posts
    28 May 2021 at 10:34:35 #935082

Wow you just saved me hours of research, thank you!

• The thread ‘Which train stop for my hotel in Swiss towns?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.