Which Lausanne to Brig trains are panoramic?

• Chowens
    Participant
    5 posts
    17 April 2018 at 19:09:32 #815389

Hi!

I need to go from Lausanne to Brig on May 27. I’d like to ride some panoramic trains in between those two cities. In the timetable I entered Lausanne to Brig via Montreux and Spiez, which I thought might take me on the Golden Pass for a bit, and then on a regional train from Spiez to Brig. But I cannot figure out how to tell on the timetable which trains are panoramic and which ones are not. Can you help me? Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 April 2018 at 19:57:07 #882538

Hi Chowens,

That’s a really nice route! You’ll get what you want if you fill out Gstaad and Kandersteg as via-places in the timetable.

Normally only the Montreux to Zweisimmen leg offers a choice of train type. But when you’re traveling there are reconstruction works on that line and I didn’t find the timetable to indicate different train types. There will be a 10 minute bus section because of this.

For further details please see http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 April 2018 at 22:55:28 #882539

On their normal timetable MOB Panoramic trains depart Montreux at 44 past the hour every two hours starting at 7:44. I’d pick one of those departures for the best chance of getting a MOB train. No guarantee.

Wallaby_Bob
    Participant
    65 posts
    18 April 2018 at 6:30:11 #882540

Gday Rocky, had an amazing trip throughout Switzerland with blue skies every day. The Bernina and Glacier expresses were just brilliant and we used the normal service to follow the Gotthard line. Unfortunately I have lost all my photos of this wonderful country due to a mixup with SD cards and the formalised process that sometimes take place. When we get back I might need some genius photographic help here if possible..

Regards Wallaby

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 April 2018 at 6:36:18 #882541

G’day Bob,

Glad you had a great trip. Blue skies you say. You jammy devil.

But losing your photos! Oh NO!

When you say lost do you think they are misplaced or erased forever?

There is software you can get which will re-instate inadvertently deleted files provided you haven’t done too much on the card since doing the deleting. For irreplaceable O/S trip memorabilia it might be worth seeking professional advice.

Good luck cobber.

Wallaby_Bob
    Participant
    65 posts
    18 April 2018 at 6:54:43 #882542

I have formatted the the wrong card and unfortunately it was the one with all the photos on, somImcan only assume they have been erased in the process. Had some great photos of the Matterhorn in all its glory with a cloudless backdrop too.

Will be in touch on return, thanks.

Wallaby

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 April 2018 at 7:47:09 #882543

Oh, is that all. In simple terms, formatting only wipes out a sort of index on the card. It doesn’t erase the data.

If you just formatted it and then didn’t use it further – relax. We have to get them back so you can post them on your trip report. 😎

One of many products that should be able to recover you will find here.

Wallaby_Bob
    Participant
    65 posts
    18 April 2018 at 8:14:46 #882544

Thanks Rocky but I have taken further photos of Genova since. Does that mean all is lost and should I use another card.

Wallaby

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 April 2018 at 8:19:38 #882545

Depends. But my hopes have fallen dramatically. If you want ANY chance of recovering your Matterhorn shots you should stop using that card immediately.

Wallaby_Bob
    Participant
    65 posts
    18 April 2018 at 8:25:59 #882546

Ok and thank s for the help

• The thread ‘Which Lausanne to Brig trains are panoramic?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.