Swiss stations to change at to get to Milan

• Cinzia
    Participant
    2 posts
    10 August 2017 at 12:50:36 #812908

Hi SwissAlps, I will be travelling from Wengen Switzerland to Milan Italy in early Sept 2017. Which station is the last stop on the Swiss side? When do I need to change over to Italian rails? I would appreciate some help as I am unable to find exact guidance online.

Thanks in advance Cinzia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2017 at 16:30:44 #868143

Hi Cinzia,

You will probably enter Italy via Domodossola. The last town before that would be Brig where you may or may not change trains. The easiest schedule has you change trains in Lauterbrunnen, Interlaken Ost and Spiez (not near the border) before going directly to Milan.

Use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan your trip from Wengen. Are you traveling on a rail pass or buying a point to point ticket to Milan?

Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss stations to change at to get to Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.