Which rail pass for Lucerne, Mt Titlis, Zurich?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2017 at 10:42:33 #813213

Hi, i am planning to go to lucerne on Sept 23. On that day, i want to go to mt titlis. On sept 24, i will go to zurich. Which travel pass i could buy to reduce my cost to mt titlis? Where i can buy the pass? If there is no pass for 2 days, what is suggestion to buy the ticket to mt titlis?

Thank you

Reini

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    7 September 2017 at 18:02:55 #869598

Welcome to MySwissAlps Reini!

If these are the only journeys you plan to make, a rail pass won’t help you save money. You’d best buy regular tickets for your trips.

If you have a long and expensive inbound trip to Lucerne, and/or if you plan additional trips such as a boat ride over Lake Lucerne, things may be different and in that case a Swiss Half Fare Card may be more economical. Here’s how to calculate whether that holds true for your plans: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2017 at 23:34:10 #869599

Hi annika,

thankyou for your response. I just planning to go to mt titlis from lucerne. How much the cost for return ticket from lucerne to mt titlis including the cable car ride? And where i could buy the ticket?

for the train ticket from lucerne to zurich, should i booked the ticket online? Could you help me from the attachment, which option i should choose to buy the ticket? What is the different between individual ticket and supersaver ticket? Can i choose the supersaver ticket without any travel pass?

thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2017 at 13:23:25 #869600

Hi Rey09,

You can buy a ticket for Mt. Titlis here, or at the Lucerne train station (same goes for the Zurich trip).
    You can’t buy a 1/2 fare price (attachment) unless you have a Swiss Half Fare Card (which in your case wouldn’t be advantageous). You can buy a Supersaver ticket but you are locked into that train at that time. Regular tickets are valid for any train that day to your destination. So if you change plans and want to go earlier or later in the day you can – so it is more flexible.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2017 at 11:53:46 #869601

Hi,

is there any ticket to mt titlis from lucerne including the train ticket return? Where could i buy that ticket? How much it will cost from lucern to mt titlis return?

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2017 at 21:26:30 #869602

Hi Rey09

Most companies sell tickets from Engelberg only, so from Luzern it is easiest to buy at the train station in Luzern or you can use Swiss railways timetable as well (you need to select no discount to find the correct price as it defaults to the Swiss Half Fare Card price at first).

• The thread ‘Which rail pass for Lucerne, Mt Titlis, Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.