WiFi access trains, Zurich, Interlaken, Zermatt

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 29, 2018 - 7:40 PM

This forum has been extremely helpful, thank you to all participants.

What can I expect in terms of WIFI access while traveling next week? Is public access widely available? Is there a ‘package’ I should purchase while in country

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Bill

Arno
Arno
12143 posts
expert &
Jun 29, 2018 - 8:35 PM

Hi Bill,

Glad to hear you find it useful here! Do the below pages help you out?

Personally I try to limit using public WiFi (the ones you don't really know who's making them available) for security reasons. The ones at train stations are ok I guess but I still wouldn't check my e-mail there or do online banking.

bsrastogi72
bsrastogi72
20 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 8:16 PM

Travellers Wi-Fi is a very good option. You get the device just outside arrival within the building. Price is charged per day ( we paid 60chf for 5 days ). You get unlimited data at a high speed and the connectivity is also very good. Even works at Jungfrau. Only thing is that battery life is hardly 5-6hrs so keep an extra battwry pack just fir this device.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5571 posts
expert
Jul 2, 2018 - 12:17 AM in reply to bsrastogi72

<<"Travellers Wi-Fi is a very good option. ">>

Works well for me, though not cheap. Trade off high quality instead of cheapest.

Slowpoke

Last modified on Jul 2, 2018 - 12:18 AM by Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019