Wild camping around Schreckhorn and Schwarzhorn

Wild camping around Schreckhorn and Schwarzhorn

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
leoregnier69
leoregnier69
5 posts
Aug 26, 2017 - 11:35 AM

Hello friends.

I am Brazilian, but I am a member of the Swiss Alpine Club, and in September I am going to visit the Grindelwald region.

I do have reservation in two mountain huts, but I like to spend 2 or 3 nights camped with a small tent, alone.

According to SAC guidelines, wild camping is permitted in areas other than national parks or reserves; in areas above the edge of forests, and in areas of rocky terrain (always distant 100 meters of water courses).

I think this is my case, but I would like to confirm if it is allowed to camp specifically in the mountainous region around the Schreckhorn.

Another place where I would like to camp is in the mountain area at the base of the Schwarzhorn peak, is it possible?

I appreciate your attention.

Leonardo Régnier

Arno
Arno
9569 posts
expert &
Aug 26, 2017 - 6:30 PM

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps, Leonardo!

The Schreckhorn is in an UNESCO world heritage area and the Schwarzhorn (the one north of Grindelwald) is also in a conservation area. I'm quite sure wild camping is not allowed there. If you go to www.myswissalps.com/ca mpsites and check the section "More on other websites", you'll find links to more information. The conservation area link in particular allows you to see in detail in which areas wild camping is prohibited. In non-marked areas it is indeed only allowed above the treeline.

Last modified on Aug 26, 2017 - 6:32 PM by Arno
leoregnier69
leoregnier69
5 posts
Aug 27, 2017 - 12:41 AM

Thank you for the answer & informations Arno !!!

Unfortunately stay in camp sites, in town, is not the same :-(

So... I will think about stay more nights at the mountain SAC huts.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017