Wilderswil vs Wengen for 3 nights

• nandini7
    Participant
    10 posts
    6 October 2019 at 18:19:40 #824102

This is for end of Feb 2020 – winter.

I was wondering which is a better place to use as a base to explore Jungfraujoch, Grindelwald etc. The room at Wilderswild is better for the price, but I heard that Wengen is prettier!

Hotel Options are:

1. Jungfrau Hotel in Wilderswil (250m from station) with a panoramic view of Mt. Jungfrau

2. Alpenruhe Kulm at Wengen or

3. Hotel Bellevue at Wengen (both have balconies, and are around 700m from the station)

Would love inputs on this 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Meemskirk
    Participant
    84 posts
    7 October 2019 at 17:30:59 #923257

We just returned from 2 wonderful weeks, including 5 nights in Wengen and 3 in Murren.

Wengen is small but very central so I would vote for that over Wilderswil. The train is super convenient for Jungfraujoch and Grindelwald, and the Mannlichen cablecar is right there. We actually preferred Murren but it’s a little less convenient, though the base for the Schilthorn.

I hear the Bellevue is very nice.

http://www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland/hotels

Enjoy!

nandini7
    Participant
    10 posts
    9 October 2019 at 2:01:21 #923258

Going with Bellevue! Thanks!

• The thread ‘Wilderswil vs Wengen for 3 nights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.