Will Swiss Travel Pass help with my itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 21:32:48 #816704

Hello,

I am planning a trip at the Eng on Auguest and here is my tentative Itenerary. Please let me know if any of the Swiss travel pass will help.

Day 1 – Paris to Zurich via train in the morning. Leave for Lucern by Train in the Evening.

Day 2 – Lucern to Interlaken by train in the Evening. Interlaken to Grimelwald.

Day 3 – Grimelwald to Jungfraujoch and back. Grimelwal to Interlaken and then Interlaken to Geneva in the evening.

Day 4 – Geneva to Lyon and later in the evening Lyon to Paris.

Please suggest if any kind of pass would help, or am i better off buying point to point tickets.

Raman

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 22:33:25 #888595

I don’t know if passes would be of much use for this itinerary. Possibly the half fare card would help but your time actual travelling on Swiss territory at 2 and a bit days is quite short.

I assume you mean Grindelwald by the way

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 6:14:17 #888596

Hi Raman and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, it is tough on a rail pass for a short trip but I would think the Swiss Half Fare Card would work for you. 50% off Jungfraujoch and all trips within Switzerland. You can buy it for 120chf here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d

If you want to know for sure which is best you can do the math to compare rail passes here:

https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 10:14:26 #888597

Hi Lucas,

I was not sure if i will get 50% off jungfraujoch which normally costs CHF172. Is it 50% only with the half fare pass or is it 50% with the regular swiss travel pass also?

Coming to the jungfraujoch train. Is the CHF172 price only for one way up to the mountain or is it both ways. Or do i have to pay another CHF172 to come back also.

If it is onw way then is there a better (cheaper) option to return.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 12:04:31 #888598

Hi Raman,

The trip to Jungfraujoch from Grindelwald is 107chf one-way or 214chf round-trip.
    You get 50% off that with the Swiss Half Fare Card and 25% off that with a Swiss Travel Pass: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

• The thread ‘Will Swiss Travel Pass help with my itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.