Winter activities in Switzerland 1st week April?

• Lgici
    Participant
    6 posts
    17 March 2019 at 23:34:48 #820446

My girlfriend and I are visiting Switzerland for 7 days, the first week of April. We are flying in and out of Zurich.

We are both interested in seeing beautiful winter scenery and are active types (beginner/intermediate skiiers who would also love to try winter hiking, snow showing, cross country skiing etc.) but I understand first week of April is quite late in the winter season.

However I also have read that there should still be some snow perhaps at the higher altitudes. We are looking for itinerary recommendations and activities/ trail information.

Tentatively we are thinking that we would head first to Grindelwald and use it as a base to explore Mürren, Wengen, etc. for two/three days, and then head to either Verbier or Zermatt depending on which has better weather conditions, and then back to Zurich for our flight, perhaps with one night in Luzern although we are more interested in maximizing our time in nature and small villages. Given it is late in the season we were hoping we could book accommodations once we arrive and see how the weather is.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• The thread ‘Winter activities in Switzerland 1st week April?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.