Aescher cliff hotel: similar places in winter?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2019 at 19:50:36 #821799

Hi Annika

I’m so sorry I missed your post before the 'winter' thread was closed, I just wanted to thank you for all of your input. It was mainly the alpine slide, Berggasthaus Aescher-Wildkirchli that were on the top of our list to see, and these two things are definitely closed off during winter. I don’t suppose you know of anything similar to these two things that aren’t closed during winter? Thanks, and sorry I missed your reply.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2019 at 16:27:38 #913155

Hi Crazy Kiwi,

I see what you mean about he Aescher cliff hotel. I went there in the summer and hiked to the hotel, one of the most beautiful places I’ve had the privileage to see in Switzerland!

However there are lots of other places to go to with even more stunning scenery, specially in the winter, stunning rock formations, waterfalls and the like.

There are many ice attractions including tubing or similar experiences in the winter, that would provide you with a bit of adrenaline. Or you could choose something simpler like snowshoeing for example if you’re not into skiing.

These links might help:

Hope this helps and others may have more suggestions for you.

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2019 at 23:09:15 #913156

Thanks for the info Maria. I’ve learnt so much from the My Swiss Alps forum since I’ve joined up. Thks for the links too.

• The thread ‘Aescher cliff hotel: similar places in winter?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.