Winter jackets in Zurich airport or Luzern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
vaibhav1975
vaibhav1975
7 posts
Mar 5, 2017 - 2:39 PM

Hi

A funny query but sorry i have no one to check with :)

I am coming from UAE and have lost habit for extreme winters and also can't find good winter jackets in Dubai.

I am landing in Zurich and going to Luceren on 24th March. Is there a good and economical option where I may pick Winter jackets in Luceren or Zurich Airport. Me and my family have a busy plan to move on all possible mountains.

Please help with this stage query.

Vaibhav

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Mar 5, 2017 - 6:30 PM in reply to vaibhav1975

Hi Vaibhav1975,

Here is an information page on Zurich airport - there is a link to Zurich airport's website as well. You can use the store locator on it. Mammut would be a great store if you can access it after you leave the plane (and the store is open).

Otherwise you won't have any problem finding a store in Luzern (local German spelling) and the weather in town shouldn't be too cold in late March before you buy one.

Lucas

Last modified on Mar 5, 2017 - 6:31 PM by Lucas
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5528 posts
expert
Mar 6, 2017 - 12:55 AM in reply to vaibhav1975

Hi Vaibhav -

This may help.

<<"us.worldweatheronline. com/lucerne-weather-averages/ch.aspx".

If you have time in Zürich, you can get good value for the price ( by Swiss standards of course ;-)....) at the COOP Store 7 minutes walk down the Bahnhofstrasse from the main station in Zürich. That could be a fall-back option, in case you cannot find anything at the airport.

There are two trains per hour from Zürich airport to Luzern.

One has a change of train in Zürich main station; the other does not.

Trains at xx47 are direct. Trains at xx18 require a change.

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019