Winter tell pass validity & what to do in Luzern?

Winter tell pass validity & what to do in Luzern?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Supriyan
Supriyan
8 posts
Nov 14, 2017 - 12:07 AM

Hello....travelling to lucerne on xmas day with 3 kids incl baby.

is winter tell pass a good option ?

we are not very adventurous..just want some sightseeing options.

Is train from zurich airport to lucerne covered in pass?

we are planning to go to mt pilatus so kids can play in snow.How do we use the tell pass to reach pilatus and is the cog whee train to pilatus working on dec 27th?

how is the golden express pass train trip from lucerne to interlaken ?

Do I make reservations on the train ahead or just show up with my pass?

where can i find the time table for it?

ge lucerne lake boat trip worth to do during this cold time with kids ? Does it get super cold at this time on boat ?

we are planning 1 day lucerne exploring,1 day for Mt Pilatus and 1 day for golden pass train to interlaken from lucerne and boat trip around lake!

Is that a good enough itinery or should I add some thing else ?

Is there a chocolate museum in lucerne too and is there a discount with tell pass?

also if we ship yhe pass to us , how muchbis the approximately shipping cost ?

Sorry too many questions,some probably silly but will appreciate the help :)

Lucas
Lucas
3376 posts
expert &
Nov 14, 2017 - 9:41 AM in reply to Supriyan

Hi Supriyan,

The Tell-Pass Winter is a good option if you are staying in the Lucerne area (it only covers a portion of the trip from Zurich airport - check out the PDF Map on our Tell pass page here).

The Tell Pass covers the trip to Mt. Pilatus yes. The cable car from Kriens is the only option in the winter as the cogwheel closes until spring.
You don't need reservations for the trip from Luzern to Interlaken. Hop on any train and show the pass to an employee when asked.

Use the timetable here to plan your trip.

Yes, it could be quite cold out on the water for sure. There are dinner cruises and areas to sit inside the boat if you choose to go out on Lake Lucerne.

Definitely take a look at the Swiss Transport Museum! There is a Swiss world of Chocolate exhibit inside as well and the Tell Pass gets you 20% off the ticket price.

The Tell Pass would be mailed to you yes. Have a look at these online retailers to see prices and shipping costs to you.

I hope that helps answer all your questions? Let us know!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017