Winter Tell Pass for 2 days from Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2016 at 17:22:24 #810240

Hi All,

My wife and I are planning on Purchasing the Winter Tell Pass. Our trip will be short.

We arrive in Luzern at 2pm on November 29: We are planning on touring the whole city that day

November 30: We were thinking of going first thing in the Morning to Mt. Pilatus, spend a few hours there and head to Interlaken for a few hours and come back to Luzern possibly with the last bus/train available.

We head out to Rome at 12pm On December 1

Is this do-able?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7094 posts
    17 October 2016 at 7:09:24 #856588

Hi obaidkhan,

Sure, that will be possible. Mind that your Tell Pass doesn’t cover anything south from Interlaken, so if you’d like to travel into the Jungfrau region you’ll have to pay for full fare tickets. Interlaken itself isn’t that interesting, so if you don’t plan any trips further south you’ll just be getting there for the sake of the train ride, which is definitely scenic by the way. Exploring some more of the beautiful Lucerne region would be a good alternative in my opinion. Consider the Rigi and combine it with a boat trip, for example.

Do you plan to head for Rome by train? If so, note that a pretty large part of this journey won’t be covered by your Tell Pass. A 3 day Swiss Travel Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card might be better in that case. You can calculate your options as explained here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 October 2016 at 18:36:33 #856589

Hi Annika,

Thank you for your response. We will be heading to Rome on a separate itinerary.

I just wanted to be able to take full advantage of the Tell Pass. Taking a boat/train/Gondola to Pilatus

Would Pilatus and Rigi be possible in one day? or should we just get the Tell Pass for Pilatus

Annika
    7094 posts
    18 October 2016 at 8:51:30 #856590

Hi obaidkhan,

You’d best study the Tell Pass validity map I linked to above to find out what’s covered. That will help you to plan accordingly. Yes, Pilatus and Rigi can be done in one day if you don’t mind a long traveling day. These pages can help you plan such a trip:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 October 2016 at 19:25:48 #856591

Thank you!

I will look through those and if I have any questions I’ll come back.

• The thread ‘Winter Tell Pass for 2 days from Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.