Wise card for online booking of Swiss apartments

• Bheemesh
    Participant
    8 posts
    29 May 2022 at 8:34:07 #827335

Hello,

Greetings.

I have read your suggestions to use WISE.com debit card for best forex from our local currency.

Currently i have blocked our apartments @ Zurich and Interlaken and is due for payment in month of July before arrival.

Can the online payment be done from WISE debit card before we actually arrive to Switzerland? How will be the conversion rates?

Will the hotels in Interlaken and Zurich accept WISE cards?

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Bheemesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    29 May 2022 at 17:34:35 #942500

Hi Bheemesh,

The Wise card works as a Maestro debit card and a Mastercard credit card. That means it’s widely accepted in Switzerland too, just like those two brands.

You can log into your Wise account, or app, and pay to any bank account. It works no different than any other online bank account. The conversion rate will be the actual official rate of the day, so that’s an advantage as many other banks charge a higher rate. But you can also open a CHF balance in your Wise account at any time and pay from there, so there’s no conversion on the pay date. If the exchange rate is in your favor today, for example, that would save you even more money.

Bheemesh
    Participant
    8 posts
    30 May 2022 at 5:21:06 #942501

Thank you vey much Arno.

Now i am from India and i have created a login account with Wise.com. Now they say they cannot send a card as the service is not yet started in India.

How else i can use or transfer money to the apartment owner in Switzerland when i am making payment to my booking?

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Bheemesh

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 May 2022 at 6:53:29 #942502

Hi Bheemesh,

I’m sorry to hear that. You’d best contact Wise and ask them. If they only can’t send the card then you still have your account to pay as I explained. But I don’t know the limitations for India so please get in touch with them for details.

• The thread ‘Wise card for online booking of Swiss apartments’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.