Train pass for Europe trip incl. Switzerland

• BatesFamily
    Participant
    2 posts
    13 August 2019 at 16:09:15 #823383

Ok. Here is my itinerary. Paris… Turin… Florence… Como… ok swiss part Lugano to Lucerne (Gothard Panorama Express). Lucerne 2 nights then Grindelwald 2 nights. Next Grindelwald to St Galen (1 night) then Fuelen then Salzburg… Vienna.. Paris…Normady .Paris.. to London…

This site is excellent. Have itinerary spreadsheet to figure out if EurailPass global (EP) is worth it. It is…

Europe train days are around 13. We are seniors. So do all with EurailPass global (EPG) (15 flex traindays) or a combination of EPG (10 day) and a Swiss travel pass (3 day) or a Swiss regional 3 day (Jungfrau or Bernese Oberland)?

so Lugano to Lucerne (train/boat) 6 hrs. arrive Lucerne do Lucerne city see Lion. sleep next day want to do Titlus or Pilatus. night 2. Next day train to Lucerne to Interlachen… get up to Grindelwald do grindelwald – first. night 1. next day Grindelwald to Schilthorn. hiking. next day Grindelwald to St Galen

With Gothard Panaroma does Swiss pass 3 day give us anything over EPG? I don’t think so. I think I have to make reservations and pay upgrade(2nd to 1st).

Regional passes. Jungfrau Regional is out. (only 2 days in valid region). Next Bernese Oberland pass. (Includes Lucerne… Does it include Titlus and/or Pilatus?) Need to compare its cost over Swiss Pass.

I guess what this exercise has shown me is that you get the nights down. But then you have to figure out what you want to do/see during the days.

• The thread ‘Train pass for Europe trip incl. Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.