Workshop experience and/or chocolate experience

• bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    24 January 2012 at 15:08:58 #804859

Hello,

We are going to stay for around a week in Interlaken area. I’m looking for a food workshop unique to swiss like cheese, chocolate etc. Something I could do afterwards at home. Especially if you know any chocolate workshop for 2-3 hours. Any other unique experience with chocolate would be great as well.

I thought of doing the workshop in Netsle factory in Broc but it seems too far (2 hours of driving). We will be during our day trips to Lucerne and Bern so maybe there.

thanks,
    Bat

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    24 January 2012 at 16:56:33 #834690

Or maybe it IS worth the driving? I thought to include 2 hours chocolate workshop (while my husband watch the kid) + an hour tour in Broc and spending some time in Gruyere village which will have also a festival during this date. On the other hand, talking 2 hours for each way with 2 years old on the same day might be too much

Annika
    7104 posts
    26 January 2012 at 14:23:18 #834691

Hello Bat! There are several options for such workshops. One of them is in Broc indeed. Courses on wine and chocolate are presented in Fribourg, Zurich, Kaltbrunn and Geneva too. All towns are pretty far from Interlaken, so if you really want this you’ll have to spend some hours on traveling. Maybe you can combine a course with another activity near one of the towns. This page may be helpful as well. Although it’s not the same, you may find this daily chocolate show in Interlaken interesting.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2012 at 18:01:17 #834692

Hi Bat, if you are staying in the Interlaken area, i suggest you look at this site for the Ballenberg open air museum as there are all sorts of demonstrations held there, not on as large a scale as the big factories in Broc and Gruyeres but interesting nonetheless. http://www.ballenberg.ch We have visited this museum twice in the past and intend to go again this year. Ballenberg is not far from Brienz so much closer than Montreux which is the start point for the chocolate train excursion taking in Gruyeres and Broc. We did that excursion last year but had to reserve seats and also had to leave very early from Thun to reach Montreux in time for 9.20 a.m. departure. (It was worth it as it was a great experience but probably not a practical option for you.) Maggie

PS Annika or Arno – technical question – how do I turn my suggestion for a website into a proper link? i.e. how do I turn http://www.ballenberg.ch into a link? Well it appears to have become a link in this PS but didn’t in my original post!!!! Maggie

Annika
    7104 posts
    27 January 2012 at 9:58:54 #834693

Hi Maggie! As for the links: just type or insert you want to hyperlink, select it and click the ‘hyperlink’ button in the bar above the text box. Next, paste the right URL in the box that appears and click ‘OK’. Is that what you’re looking for?

bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    27 January 2012 at 17:03:19 #834694

Thanks for your suggestion!

Are all the food demonstrations in the same area? I’ve understood that the Ballenberg Open Museum is huge so we will only cover a section not too much far from the entrance.

Is the demonstrations of cheese, bread and chocolate are good? Any other food demonstrations? Where can I see the schedule in advance?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2012 at 17:34:15 #834695

If you go to the link to Ballengberg I posted, and explore all the site you should find all the information you are looking for re location in museum and dates and times of demonstrations. It is indeed a huge museum which is why we have been twice already and plan another trip! Maggie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2012 at 17:36:11 #834696

thanks Annika – will try that next time!

• The thread ‘Workshop experience and/or chocolate experience’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.