Wrong name on Swiss Family Card, what to do?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2019 at 7:16:03 #821026

Hi,

I just booked the Swiss half fare card and Swiss Family card from HappyRail and they have mentioned the name of my wife on the swiss family card and not of my daughter’s.

I am just not sure if it is like this or they have made a mistake. I have written them 3-4 emails and totally unable to contact them.

Can someone help me here.

My travel to Swiss is starting from tomorrow.

Best Regards,

Siddharth Gupta

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 April 2019 at 7:23:32 #909573

Hi Siddharth,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! This sounds like it could be ok since the Swiss Family Card normally has the name of one of the parents on it (at least last time I checked). Then below that there should be the children’s names.

You can indeed best check with HappyRail to verify this. Please check your spam folder to see if their reply is there, or contact them through live chat or phone. Please find contact details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/happyra il.

If a mistake has been made you can visit a staffed train station in Switzerland to get a new free Swiss Family Card.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2019 at 7:31:28 #909574

Hi Arno,

Many thanks for your quick reply!

I can se ein the pass only my wife’s name is there but not my Kid’s name. Do i have to write that manually or it is NOT a issue since the kids anyways travel free.

Ofcourse we have the valid passports to prove!

Can you please let me know?

Best Regards,

SidGupta

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 April 2019 at 10:36:03 #909575

Hi SidGupta,

If there are blank lines on the Swiss Family Card, then that’s where to fill out the children’s names (exactly like the names on their passports). I recommend to double check with HappyRail as they know what they sent you.

• The thread ‘Wrong name on Swiss Family Card, what to do?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.