Yearly half fare travel card can order from US?

• Arthur
    Participant
    15 posts
    8 June 2018 at 11:45:58 #816522

The one year half fare card costs a little more than the one month card for tourists. However, we will be in Switzerland for at least two months and would like the advantage this gives for the whole period of time. I know you can purchase these at the large train stations. They require a photo (such as a passport photo). What I would like to know is if I can purchase it ahead of time while still in the U.S. and have it either sent here or I could pick it up when I get there at a specific train station, for example, in Zurich, Basel, or Luzern?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 12:42:51 #887731

Hi Arthur,

Unfortunately not, the only way it can only be purchased online is if you live in Switzerland or have a passport from a country neighbouring Switzerland.

Please see our Swiss Half Fare Card page for details: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d/details

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    9 June 2018 at 0:03:42 #887732

Hi Arthur-

The rules keep changing.

However, in the past, they would give you a temporary pass and mail the real thing to a Swiss address.

Would that work for you?

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Yearly half fare travel card can order from US?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.