Yearly half fare travel card can order from US?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Posts: 3
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
15 posts
new member
Jun 8, 2018 - 11:45 AM

The one year half fare card costs a little more than the one month card for tourists. However, we will be in Switzerland for at least two months and would like the advantage this gives for the whole period of time. I know you can purchase these at the large train stations. They require a photo (such as a passport photo). What I would like to know is if I can purchase it ahead of time while still in the U.S. and have it either sent here or I could pick it up when I get there at a specific train station, for example, in Zurich, Basel, or Luzern?

10496 posts
top member
Jun 8, 2018 - 12:42 PM in reply to Arthur

Hi Arthur,

Unfortunately not, the only way it can only be purchased online is if you live in Switzerland or have a passport from a country neighbouring Switzerland.

Please see our Swiss Half Fare Card page for details: https://www.myswissalp d/details

5704 posts
Jun 9, 2018 - 12:03 AM in reply to Arthur

Hi Arthur-

The rules keep changing.

However, in the past, they would give you a temporary pass and mail the real thing to a Swiss address.

Would that work for you?


More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

© 2002-2019