Zermatt & Bernese Oberland trip in Sept 2021

• FredTeo
    Participant
    4 posts
    12 October 2020 at 2:39:59 #825716

Hi,

I am planning a 14 days trip to Switzerland either in mid September 2021 or mid October 2021, covering Zermatt (Mt Matterhorn) and Bernese Oberland region. I would also be using the mountain rails rather extensively to places like Mt Titlis, Gornegrat, Harder Klum, Schiliton, Briener-Rothorn, Jungfrau region. I love the autumn colours and intend to opt for my trip to be around 7 Oct to 22 Oct next year. However, I have a few concerns to clarify for my trip during this period as follows:-

1) whether some of the mountain rails would be closed during this time;

2) whether the autumn colours during this period is distinguishable; and

3) is there a noticeable change in number of hours of daylight during this period.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could enlighten me on the above for my trip. I look forward to your reply and thank you so much for your previous information if I have not done so.

Regards

Teo Soon Chin,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    12 October 2020 at 7:31:18 #934381

Hi Soon Chin,

It’s wonderful to know you are planning a trip to Switzerland next year.

If you are keen on visiting the mountains during your trip, I would recommend planning your arrival before mid October as some of the mountain railways may close for maintenance at that time in preparation for the winter season. However popular attractions such as Titlis, Gornergrat and Jungfraujoch are accessible all year round. Please use the SBB timetable to plan your journeys: http://www.myswissalps.com/timetable

To experience the wonderful autumn colours, the best time to visit is from late September. However this differs by regions.

Daylight Savings usually starts on the last Sunday of October. This is when the clock goes one hour back and we end up having shorter daylight and longer nights. Typically around this time the sun sets around 5pm.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anna

FredTeo
    Participant
    4 posts
    12 October 2020 at 7:35:19 #934382

Hi Anna,

Thank you very much for your valuable info that is of great help for my travel plan.

Rgds

Teo Soon Chin

• The thread ‘Zermatt & Bernese Oberland trip in Sept 2021’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.