Zermatt-Breithorn guided summit hike

• Kimber
    Participant
    10 posts
    23 May 2023 at 12:18:01 #829907

Hello,

I’m not sure if anyone could help or advise me with information about this hike. I wish to add the Breithorn summit hike to my itinerary during my June visit to Zermatt. I am looking for a guided summit since I am a solo hiker, my problem is this: The only guided summit tour that I have found is Zermatters.ch & while the price for 3 persons or more is a reasonable price of CHF 205.00 for a single person it jumps to CHF 610.00, I’ve tried to talk with Zermatters to see if it was possible to join other groups but it seems unless I bring my own group this is not possible. Does anyone know of a Breithorn guided summit tour where I might be able to join others and save some money or is this my only option? also, I am waiting to book anything until it’s closer to my summit date so I may check the weather since a refund is not possible do to bad weather.

Thank you

Kind regards

-Kimber

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    23 May 2023 at 15:10:36 #954680

Hi Kimber,

Here’s a link to a list of private guides in Zermatt: http://www.zermatt.ch/en/Hiking-Guides. Perhaps you can ask these guides directly about solo hikes to Breithorn. Maybe you can also enquire at the local tourist office in Zermatt for more information. Hiking in numbers is always safer and cheaper than doing it alone.

Hope your plan works out.

More tips about hiking the Swiss Alps here: http://www.myswissalps.com/hiking

Regards,

Anna

Mark
    Participant
    803 posts
    23 May 2023 at 17:59:08 #954681

If Breithorn doesn’t work out have you considered Mt Rosa ? There may be more options, though I doubt you can go to the top but it would be a spectacular hike. You can see it from the trail around the backside of the Gornergrat. I would think it would be of similar difficulty

Mark

Kimber
    Participant
    10 posts
    25 May 2023 at 12:46:37 #954682

Thank you for your kind info & I look forward to my journey as my plain leaves is less then 6 hours.

Kind regards

-Kimber

• The thread ‘Zermatt-Breithorn guided summit hike’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.