Zermatt-Fiesch-Eggishorn (Aletsch Glacier)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2018 at 10:42:05 #817063

Hi,

We’re staying in Zermatt in August but are looking to take a day trip to Fiesch and up the cable car to the top of Eggishorn to see the Aletsch Glacier.

I know we can take the train from Zermatt to Fiesch and then get the cable car but I was just wondering if anyone could advise as to what is the cheapest way of doing so? Are there any special discounts or offers that include the train and cable car tickets in one or one that gets you a discount off the other?

We will just be travelling from Zermatt and back within the day. We will not have a Swiss travel pass or halp price discount card, we have bought Swiss Transfer tickets for our travel from Geneva Airport to Zermatt and back.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2018 at 18:58:41 #890159

Hi mtnash,

Without a rail pass of some sort you could look for SuperSaver tickets on your trip. https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/discount s

They are for specific times only though. The other option would be the Adventure Card – if you have other trips around Zermatt it could work well for you: https://www.myswissalp s.com/adventurecard

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 0:21:53 #890160

This is quite a lot to ask. The train (MGB) and cable car at Fiesch are different companies and they need to make money somehow so I doubt there are any real discounts on this sort of trip if you are not buying a travel pass for the whole holiday.

• The thread ‘Zermatt-Fiesch-Eggishorn (Aletsch Glacier)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.