Transportation to Five Lake Trail near Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2019 at 15:03:50 #823395

Hi,

I plan to do the Trail on 6th Sep. with my wife. We travel from Montreux to Zermatt by train early in the morning. As I learn from the brochure, we have to travel by cable car upto Blauherd . Cable car is available every 10 or 20 mts. Then start the trail upto Sunnegga. We can walk back or travel by cable . The trail is about 2 1/2 hours one way.

Is my understanding about the travel and trail ok?

We’d be having 8 day Swiss Travel Pass. I tried to find out the cost of travel between zermatt and sunnegga. Though the train schedule is shown when I try for fare, an error message occurs.

Can you please advise? With the Swiss Travel Pass how much have I pay ? I understand 50% discount is available

Thanks

Muralidharan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2019 at 16:14:27 #920041

Hi Muralidharan,

yes, that is totally correct. Blauherd upper station is the starting point for the trail and you go to Sunnegga cable car upper station where you can travel by cable back to Zermatt.

The single ride ticket is 16 CHF per person without any discount. (It is a very short ride.)

For more hiking tips near Zermatt refer to: http://www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt/activities

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2019 at 17:18:23 #920042

Thanks Ildiko. That’s very helpful

Muralidharan

Virgingorda
    Participant
    58 posts
    14 August 2019 at 21:22:58 #920043

We just did the 5 Lake Hike today. Actually only did 4 of the lakes.

We bought the 5 Lake Hike ticket, costing 21.50 CHF pp with the STP. It covers furnicular up to Sunnegga and gondola up to Blauherd and Sunnegga down to Zermatt. But not down from Blauherd.

The round trip ticket to Blauherd with STP discount is 26 CHF.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2019 at 10:32:31 #920044

thanks Virgingorda

• The thread ‘Transportation to Five Lake Trail near Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.