Zermatt – Glacier Paradise and Gornergrat + hikes

• Whalesings
    Participant
    7 posts
    28 May 2023 at 7:35:02 #829937

Hello,

We will be in Switzerland from mid to end June and will purchase the 15 days Swiss travel pass. We will spend 3 nights / have 2 full days in Zermatt and plan to do the following if weather permits:

A. Matterhorn Glacier Paradise + Matterhorn Glacier Trail [Zermatt to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, after visiting Glacier paradise, cable car to Trockener Steg, hike Matterhorn Glacier Trail to Schwarzsee, train from Schwarzsee to Zermatt]

B. Gornergrat + Riffelsee hike [Train from Zermatt to Gornergrat, train from Gornergrat to Rotenboden, hike the Riffelseeweg Trail to Riffelberg, train from Riffelberg to Zermatt].

This website has been really helpful and I hope that you can help me with these questions:

1. For A, I found the Kombi-Ticket for Matterhorn Glacier Trail but it does not include return cable car from Trockener Steg to Glacier paradise and the admission to Glacier palace etc. There is also no standalone return ticket from Trockener Steg to Glacier paradise from the Matterhorn Paradise website. Should I buy the Zermatt – Matterhorn Glacier Paradise return trip ticket instead?

2. For B, are there any combi tickets or should we purchase the Gornergrat round trip ticket?

3. There is an anniversary offer for return tickets Zermatt-Gornergrat on the Gornergrat Railway website. Are we able to get the offer price if we buy from the station instead of online?

4. With the STP, I think it makes more sense to buy return tickets for Glacier Paradise (CHF 54.50) and Gornergrat (CHF 55 – anniversary offer), total CHF 109.5 instead of the 2 day Peak pass of CHF 181. Please let me know if I’ve mistaken the prices.

Thank you!

• The thread ‘Zermatt – Glacier Paradise and Gornergrat + hikes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.